СРОК ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК: 16 марта 2020 г. («Ранняя пташка»: 15 февраля 2020 г.)
КАНДИДАТЫ: Конкурс открыт для певцов всех национальностей в возрасте не менее 18 лет в день открытия конкурса и родившихся в или после
• 6 сентября 1988 года — кандидаты-женщины
• 6 сентября 1985 года — кандидаты-мужчины.
ВЗНОС для участия: 200 евро (Ранние пташки: 100 евро) — оплачивается только кандидатами, прошедшими отборочный раунд.
1-й приз € 30 000
2-й приз € 20 000
3-й приз € 10 000
Личный приз Эвы Мартон € 10.000
The following application materials are required to be uploaded using:
· A completed application form including full competition repertoire (changes are permitted until 31 May 2020)
· A photocopy of a valid passport
· A personal portrait photograph (jpg, min. 300 dpi) for professional use
· A biography (1000–2000 characters) listing professional studies, as well as competitions, master classes, stage experiences over the last three years
· Video recordings of two arias of the applicant’s choice matching the following criteria: one Baroque aria (from an opera, oratorio, cantata) and one opera aria from a different period. Only high quality (mp4, max. 300 MB each) and recent recordings (taken on or after 31 March 2017) will be accepted. Audio recordings and other video formats will not be considered. The recordings should show the applicant and his/her accompaniment (pianist, orchestra etc.) and each piece should be recorded in a single take (no editing permitted). Works presented on this recording may be included in the programme of the live competition.
Only complete applications (containing all required materials) will be considered.
A local jury headed by Éva Marton will decide on acceptance.
CONFIRMATION ON QUALIFICATION:
Information on the qualification to the live competition will be given by 17 April 2020.
Application fee: 200 EUR
Early bird fee: 100 EUR (for those who apply before 15 February 2020)
The fee shall be paid only by candidates approved to the preliminary round. The secretary of the competition will inform the approved candidates about the payment details.
Qualified competitors pay their own travel and accommodation costs. Organizers will cover the accommodation for contestants approved to the Final and stay at a hotel recommended by the Secretariat for the days of the Final and the Gala concert.
REPERTOIRE OF THE COMPETITION
1 Liszt-song and 2 arias representing different styles and characters
Candidates will present the Liszt-song and one of the two arias of their choice. The second aria will only be performed if requested.
You can find information about the Liszt songs here:
2 arias representing different styles and characters
Candidates will present both.
3 arias representing different styles and characters to be chosen from this list of operas.
1 aria chosen by the Candidate and 1 by the Jury will be performed with orchestra in the final.
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
All pieces are to be memorised, in the original key and original language, and in full version (including recitativo, cabaletta, stretta if appropriate).
The organizers provide piano accompanists for all candidates upon request. Please indicate in the application form if you sing with your own accompanist.
All selected arias are to be listed on the application form. Arias 1-7 should all be different. However, arias A and B can be listed again among 1-7. If you haven’t receive the confirmation email to your registered email address, your application was not succesful, please try again to fill out the form. Sholuld you have any questions please contact the secretariat of the competition: martoncompetition[at]lisztacademy.hu
The repertoire uploaded in the application can be changed until 31 May 2020 in e-mail or letter sent by mail to the competition secretary.
The order of performance is decided by drawing lots. On 7 September 2020, in the presence of all the competitors, the youngest candidate will draw the number of the first performer to appear in front of the Jury. The first contestant will be followed by the others in alphabetical order to the end of the alphabet and restart from the beginning until everybody has appeared. This order of appearance is valid during the whole competition.
If in the Preliminaries a contestant appears late for reason not his/her fault, the Jury can give permission that he/she performs at the end of the round. If a contestant cannot appear in the succeeding rounds at the appointed time, the Jury can permit him/her to perform at another time.
Candidates will be evaluated by points throughout the competition, but points are strictly confidential. The Competition Secretariat announces the list of the competitors qualified for the next stage in alphabetical order.
No appeal shall lie against the Jury’s decision.