1. The competition will be held 16–23 September 2020 in Vilnius.
- Singers of all nationalities can take part in the competition (sopranos, mezzo-sopranos, tenors, baritones, basses, and other voice types if they are able to perform arias from the FINAL), aged 18-35 (born not earlier than on 1 January 1985). The competition is held in one group for all voices together, singers will not be divided into separate categories.
Note: The competition is not open to previous 1st prize winners of this competition.
- Participants register ONLINE from 1 March to 31 June in 2020 on website: https://artistdb.eu/en/nousr/contests
- During the registration, the applicant must provide a valid YOUTUBE video performance link (maximum 3 links) about 10 — 15 minutes, where he/she performs a free program or selected arias. The video must not be edited. It might include recordings from different times. The organizers must receive the video link no later than 31 June 2020.
- Each participant shall prepare a program in accordance with the Competition repertoire. The selected program should be stated in the application form.
- During the ONLINE registration, it is necessary to pay the entrance fee, which is not refundable.
- Questions are answered at the following contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org, address Totorių St 20, Vilnius, Lithuania.
AUDITION TO THE COMPETITION.
- Received applications on 1 July in 2020 are forwarded to the committee, which consists of the competition management.
- Candidates are informed about their acceptance until 10 July in 2020.
- The entrance fee will not be refunded to competitors who were accepted and fail to arrive at the competition.
- Management of the competition intermediates for the participants who need a VISA in order to come to Lithuania, but it doesn’t bear any financial responsibility. To receive a VISA, please contact in advance (July, August) by e-mail email@example.com.
THE COMPETITION WILL BE HELD IN 4 STAGES:
- Audition (video link and application).
- 1st Round with piano, (possible to come with an accompanist or perform together with the provided accompanist).
- 2nd Round with piano, (possible to come with an accompanist or perform together with the provided accompanist).
- Final Round with orchestra.
1st and 2nd Rounds will take place in The Great Hall of Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre Gedimino pr. 42);
Final Round will take place at the Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre;
The possible number of participants in the 2nd Round is no more than half of all participants competing in the 1st Round;
The Final Round will be limited to no more than SIX SINGERS;
All repertoire has to be performed from memory. Participants decide about the order of performance of pieces in each round;
All performances are open to the public;
The participation order will be established by drawing of lots – the order will remain valid until the end of the competition;
GENERAL COMPETITION RULES.
- Travel to and from Vilnius is each competitors responsibility.
- During all Rounds, the participants pay their own living expenses.
- The organizing committee will provide Singers with rehearsal facilities. The organizers will provide professional accompanists before and on the 1st and 2nd Rounds. 1 acoustic rehearsal (10 min), 1 rehearsal at the class (40 min) and 1 performance on the stage will cost 80 EUR. Additional rehearsal at the class will cost 30 EUR.
- It is forbidden to have contact with the Jury during all the competition. After the announcement of the results, those who did not make it to the next round are welcome to ask the opinion of the Jury.
- The students of the Jury members can take part in the competition, but those Jury members are not allowed to vote for their students or have an impact on the decisions of other Jury members and their decisions.
- The decisions of the Jury are final and not subject to appeal.
- Jury members could stop unprofessional performance.
- The Jury has the right to announce no more than three laureates. 1st Prize is indivisible. If a higher prize is not awarded, the additional lower prize can be appointed, but no more than 3 awards.
- Competitors must register in person at the Secretariat at the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre 16 September, class 101, Gedimino pr. 42, Vilnius.
- Chosen competition laureates, diploma holders and winners of the special prizes are obliged to take part in the Competition Final concerts of the competition without remuneration.
- The Management of the Competition reserves a right to permit all the Competition performances and final concerts to be broadcasted by radio and television and to be produced as audio, video, film, CD, tape cassette and vinyl recordings without remuneration to the competitors.
- Next International Virgilijus Noreika Competition for Singers is planned for 2023.
Marc Clémeur (FRANCE)
Asta Krikščiūnaitė (LITHUANI)
Badri Maisuradze (GEORGIA)
Pascale Montauban (BELGIUM)
Anna Samuil (GERMANY)
Carol Theresa Vaness (UNITED STATES)
A non-refundable Entrance Fee is 100 Eur
The fee must be paid by June 31, 2020, during the ONLINE application.
VšĮ Natų Knygynas
Company code: 125818312, VAT ID: LT258183113
Available Payment Systems:
Paysera EVP number: EVP2810001010502
Bank accounts (IBAN) (only from Eurozone (SEPA) countries:)
AB Medicinos bankas: LT567230000000700318
Paysera IBAN: LT423500010001010502
AB Bank Citadele: LT977290000001700336
AB Bank Luminor: LT494010042403927705
AB SEB Bank: LT067044060001587589
Information for payments from not Eurozone countries:
Payee’s name: Natų Knygynas, VšĮ
Payee’s IBAN (account number): LT494010042403927705
Bank sorting code number of Payee’s Bank (SWIFT/BIC): AGBLLT2X
Payee’s Address: Totorių 20, 01121 Vilnius, Lietuva
Payee’s Bank Name: Luminor Bank AB
Address of Payee’s Bank: Konstitucijos pr. 21A, 03601 Vilnius, Lietuva
Info on bank web: https://www.luminor.lt
Payment purpose: Participant Name Surname. V. Noreika Competition Fee.
Please read carefully the information below before starting your registration!
You must create an account on ArtistDB database. It is necessary to use your e-mail as username and remember the password. Afterward, you must confirm the registration by clicking the link you will receive by e-mail (please note, it could appear in your SPAM folder, check this folder if you will not receive the e-mail quickly).
Important: one e-mail address = one user; it is not possible to register more than one user while using one e-mail address.
- During the registration, the applicant must provide a valid YOUTUBE or YOUKU video performance link (maximum 3 links) about 10 — 15 minutes, where he/she performs a free program or selected arias until the 31 June 2020. The video must not be edited. It might include recordings from different times.
- You should have on your computer a portrait picture with a minimum resolution of 1000×1000 pixels in .jpg .jpeg or .png formats. If the picture is smaller than 1000×1000 pixels or bigger than 5 MB, you will not be able to upload it. In the catalog of the competition, the pictures will be in black and white, it doesn’t matter whether you will submit a colored or a black and white photo.
- Prepare your SHORT biography (up to 150 words) which can be written during the registration process in a text field (as well you can provide it by submitting a link to your web site or adding text file). If your biography is in file format, it should be .doc*,.rtf, .odt or .txt formats, the file must not exceed 1MB. If the biography of yours will exceed the limit of 150 words, the editor will shorten it on his/her discretion, so please submit a proper length biography with the most important content.
- You should scan any official personal ID document in .pdf, .jpg or .png format, where the date of birth and your name (-s) and surname (-s) must be clearly visible.
- You should decide, how you will pay a participation fee.
More information about registration: Ms. Jolanta Kundrotaite, +37069931852, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
and payments: Mr. Eugenijus Butvydas, Tel.:, WhatsUp, Wiber +370 685 66018,
Skype: menuturas, email: email@example.com
Kind request: For your own convenience, we kindly ask you to register as early as possible within the set registration dates, so that we could assure the proper help and assistance for you!
You will be able to correct the submitted data anytime until the end of the registration deadline!
For the competition participants prepare 6 arias of the main Opera characters, all arias are performed in original language.
I and II ROUNDS
In the I ROUND it is obligatory to perform two arias by composers from different countries and in the original language.
In the II ROUND it is obligatory to perform two arias of your own choice.
In the I and the II round the participants choose from the recommended composers list:
Daniel Auber • Béla Bartók • Ludwig van Beethoven • Vincenzo Bellini • Alban Berg • Georges Bizet • Hector Berlioz
• Leonard Bernstein • Arrigo Boito • Alexander Borodin • Benjamin Britten • Alfredo Catalani • Marc-Antoine Charpentier • Luigi Cherubini • Francesco Cilea • Domenico Cimarosa • Gaetano Donizetti • Léo Delibes • Balys Dvarionas•Antonín Dvořák
• Friedrich von Flotow • George Gershwin • Umberto Giordano • Mikhail Glinka • Christoph Willibald Gluck • Charles Gounod • George Frideric Händel • Fromental Halévy • Leoš Janáček • Vytautas Klova • Erich Wolfgang Korngold
Bronius Kutavičius • Ruggero Leoncavallo • Pietro Mascagni
• Jules Massenet • Saverio Mercadante • Gian Carlo Menotti • Giacomo Meyerbeer • Stanisław Moniuszko
• Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart • Modest Mussorgsky • Otto Nicolai • Jacques Offenbach • Amilcare Ponchielli • Francis Poulenc • Giacomo Puccini • Henry Purcell • Sergei Rachmaninov • Maurice Ravel • Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov • Gioachino Rossini • Camille Saint-Saëns • Bedřich Smetana • Richard Strauss • Igor Stravinsky • Ambroise Thomas • Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky • Giuseppe Verdi • Richard Wagner • Carl Maria von Weber • Riccardo Zandonai
Each participant must prepare 2 arias from Operas for the Final selecting them from the list below:
- Bellini V. Norma
- Bizet G. Carmen
- Čaikovskij P. Evgenij Onegin
- Čaikovskij P. Pikovaja dama
- Donizetti G. Don Pasquale
- Donizetti G. L’elisir d’amore
- Donizetti G. Lucia di Lammermoor
- Gounod Ch. Faust
- Gluck Ch. Orfeo ed Euridice
- Leoncavallo R. Pagliacci
- Massenet J. Manon
- Massenet J. Werther
- Mozart W.A. Don Giovanni
- Mozart W.A. Le nozze di Figaro
- Offenbach J. Les contes d’Hoffmann
- Ponchielli A. La Gioconda
- Ponchielli A. I Lituani Puccini
- G. Gianni Schicchi
- Puccini G. La Boheme
- Puccini G. Madama Butterfly
- Puccini G. Tosca
- Puccini G. Turandot
- Rossini G. Il barbiere di Siviglia
- Verdi G. Aida
- Verdi G. Don Carlos
- Verdi G. Ernani
- Verdi G. Il trovatore
- Verdi G. La forza del destino
- Verdi G. La traviata
- Verdi G. Macbeth
- Verdi G. Nabucco
- Verdi G. Otello
- Verdi G. Rigoletto
- Verdi G. Un ballo in maschera
- Wagner R. Der fliegende Holländer
- Wagner R. Die Walküre
- Wagner R. Lohengrin
- Wagner R. Tannhäuser
- All the program must be performed in the original language, by heart (by memory), in original tonalities, all arias are performed with their original recitatives and cabalettas.
- During the ONLINE registration each participant must write in what sequence and which arias will be performed in each round. Arias must not be performed more than once.
The Jury of the International Virgilijus Noreika Competition for Singers will award such prizes to the winners:
I Prize – 10 000 Eur,
II Prize – 6 000 Eur,
III Prize – 3 000 Eur,
Favorite of the Audience – 1 500 Eur,
Virgilijus Noreika Prize – 1 500 Eur.
Debut in Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theatre (2021/2022)
I Prize Winner Solo performance at the Music Festival «Kintai» (2021/2022)
Note: Other concerts will be confirmed after final agreements with the organizers.