Заснований у 1996 році на 50 роковини смерті японської оперної співачки Тамакі Міури. Конкурс є членом World Federation of International Music Competitions і відбуватиметься восени у Японії в місті Шідзуока, що на березі Тихого океану.
Організатори оплачують проїзд та проживання конкурсантам.
Each contestant is responsible for his/her travel expenses. However, the Secretariat shall provide financial support for traveling to the contestants who play for the 1st round. The amount depends on the contestant’s country of residence when the host organization decides who passes thepreliminary audition. This support will not be applied to contestants’ own accompanist.
(1) Non-Japanese contestants residing outside of Japan:
1. 50,000 JPY per contestant residing in the region of Asia
2. 100,000 JPY per contestant residing outside of the region of Asia
(2) Japanese contestants residing outside of Japan:
Half of the above mentioned amount will be provided.
(3) Contestants residing in Japan: No support will be provided.
(4) Time of Payment:The financial support will be given to a contestant after the 1st round.
(5) Other:The travel support shall be given after any taxes payable are deducted according to the Japanese tax laws.
І тур: 31 жовтня – 2 листопада, 2020
ІІ тур: 4 – 5 листопада, 2020
Фінал: 8 листопада, 2020
Церемонія нагородження – 8 листопада, 2020
KIMURA Toshimitsu Japan
CHOI Sang-Ho (South Korea)
David GOWLAND (United Kingdom)
HAMADA Rie (Japan)
Werner HINK (Austria)
IHARA Naoko (Japan)
MIURA Yasuhiro (Japan)
Françoise POLLET (France)
Lenore ROSENBERG (U.S.A.)
Gabriella TUCCI (Italy)
(1) Postal Application Mail the following six materials to the Secretariat.
1. Application Form (p.31) See the notes on the application form to fill out. 2. List of Pieces to Be Judged (p.32) See the following notes to fill out the list (see the attached example).
 There must be one for the 1st round, four , and one for the final round. Each of these six arias must be different.
 The for the 2nd round must be selected from the List of Self-Chosen Roles for the 2nd round on page pp. 21-25.
 The six arias mentioned in  must be different from any of the arias of the for the 2nd round.
 The registered arias and aria(s) sung by must be sung in at least 2 different languages.
 Oratorio arias, Cantata arias and Concert arias cannot be accepted.
 The name of the composer, opera, aria, role and lyrics from where the performance starts must be written in the original language. The key and the time length must also be given.
 Pieces to be judged cannot be changed once they are submitted to the Secretariat. 3. Preliminary Audition Recording Certificate (p.29) See the notes on the certificate to fill out.
・Three glossy photographs taken within six months of the date of application (4cm×5cm, front view of head and shoulders, with your name printed on the back, one photo to be attached to Application Form)
・Photographs should be free from copyright.
・Photographs submitted are to appear in the official program and other advertisement media.
・Photographs may also be submitted in digital data format (at least 300 dpi; print name on label of CD).
5. Identification Copy of your passport or other official documentation that proves your name, nationality and date of birth 6. Recording for preliminary audition A CD recorded of two arias (oratorio arias, cantata arias and concert arias cannot be accepted.) for preliminary audition.
 The recording must have been made on or after July 1, 2019.
 The arias for preliminary audition may overlap with the arias on the list of pieces to be judged.
 Arias must be performed in the original key and language. The only exceptions are arias that are customarily sung in a different key or language from the original score. See “15 Adjudication (1)”
 The recorded sound source must not be edited or processed in any way.
 Two arias must be recorded on one CD.
*Do not record anything but two arias written on the preliminary audition recording certificate.
 Two arias must be recorded into two separate tracks/files.
*Recordings with poor quality or excessive reverberation may not be accepted.
Applicants who have received the notification of acceptance as a result of the preliminary audition must pay an application fee of 20,000JPY by Monday, August 3, 2020. The payment method will be notified along with the notification of acceptance.
* Any charges associated with the payment of application fee will be borne by the applicant.
* The application fee is not refundable for any reason.
Contestants who need to acquire a visa to enter Japan must apply for the visa at their nearest Japanese embassy or Consulate General of Japan. If a certificate of invitation is required for the visa application, contestants must immediately notify the Secretariat of this need.
Prizes and Awards
The finalists who win the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes are defined as the official prizewinners. The
other finalists will not be ranked.
The 1st prize ￥3,000,000 Trophy, certificate of merit
The 2nd prize ￥1,500,000 Trophy, certificate of merit
The 3rd prize ￥750,000 Trophy, certificate of merit
Finalists prize ￥400,000 Certificate of merit
Audience prize Certificate of merit, additional awards
* All prize amounts shall be subject to taxation in compliance with Japanese tax laws.
* When the same prize is awarded to more than one finalist, the prize money may be equally divided among the prizewinners and finalists.
(2) MIURA Tamaki Special Prize:
This prize is special scholarship for the purpose of further education, and will be granted to a talented and promising contestant from among Japanese nationals.
(3) Additional awards:
Additional awards donated by certain groups or individuals who agree with the mission of this competition may be given to finalists.
More details: https://www.suac.ac.jp/opera-en/news/02047/