The IV Agustín Aponte International Music Competition will take place in Agumarina Golf Hotel Auditorium in San Miguel de Abona, Tenerife, Spain, from 17th to 20th February 2019. The competition is open to musicians of any nationality up to 32 years of age. The members of the jury for the competition will be formed by internationally established musicians.
There are 2 categories: Piano and Strings (violin, viola, cello and double bass).
Three prizes are for each category and the Grand prize given to the best performer overall in the entire competition. There is also a special prize to the best musician under the age of 17.
1st Prize: 1000€ +Diploma
2nd Prize: 500€ + Diploma
3rd Prize: Diploma
Grand Prize: 2000€ + Diploma
Special Prize to young musician under 17: 250€ + Diploma
RULES AND INFORMATION
1. The competition will take place between the 17th to 20th February 2019 in the auditorium of Aguamarina Golf Hotel, San Miguel de Abona, Tenerife, Spain. Competitors must arrive on the 16th of February for registration. The prize giving ceremony and concert of winners will be on the 20th in the evening.
2. The competition is open to young musicians of all nationalities, up to 32 years of age at the time of the competition. There are two categories: Piano & Strings (violin, viola, cello, and double bass).
3. The deadline for the competition entry is the 22nd December 2018 at 12pm (GMT).
4. Important information:
All participants of the competition must stay at the Aguamarina Hotel. The fee for the competition is350€. This includes all the expenses: the competition entry fee, accommodation for five nights in double rooms (arriving on the 16th and leaving on the 21st), all meals including drinks (breaksfast, lunch and dinner), and practice piano access.
Participants can pay the entire amount or, a minimum fee of 150€ at the time of the application to secure their place at the competition and pay the remaining fee of 200€ at the arrival on the registration day. Please note that the application will not be accepted unless it includes at least the minimum fee. After the deadline, if the competitor for any reason cannot attend the competition the minimum fee of 150€ will not be refundable, as this covers the admin fee and hotel booking.
All participants stay in double rooms. There is a limited number of single and triple rooms, and there will be allocated on first come first serve basis. Please use the contact form for more information about the rooms.
1. There are two rounds for each category.
The preliminary round: Maximun15 minutes of length.
The final round: Maximum 20 minutes of length.
Exceeding the time limit could result in the jury stopping the performance.
1. The program is free choice of any style of an entire piece, selection of pieces or selection of movements, and has to be different in the preliminary round and the final round. Details of composers, date of composition, and title of the pieces and movements must be clearly written in the application form. Please note contemporary works which involve pre-adjustment of the piano will not be accepted, neither will works composed by the contestant themselves.
2. For Strings category (violin, viola, cello and double bass): The program is also free choice but must contain at least one solo /unaccompanied piece in the preliminary round , (For example: a study, a caprice, a selection of movements from a solo sonata or partita, etc).
There are official professional accompanists in the competition. The fee is 50€ for the rehearsal + performance and must be paid in advance with the application form. Alternatively, competitors can also bring their own pianist. Please note, if choosing the official accompanist you must send the music in PDF format by the 1st January 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. All competitors must bring one copy for the jury, which must be handed to them at the time of the performance.
2. If playing with the official accompanist, competitors must bring the accompaniment part for the pianist.
1. Each category (piano, and strings) has 3 prizes each. The Grand Prize will be awarded to the best performer from all categories and the special prize to the best performance under the age of 17.
1º Prize: 1000€ + Diploma
2º Prize: 500€ + Diploma
3º Prize: Diploma
Grand Prize: 2000€ + Diploma
Special Prize: 250€ + Diploma
The prize ceremony will be given on the 20th February at 20.00h at the Aguamarina Auditorium followed by the winners concert.
1. Please transfer the competition minimum fee of 150€ + piano accompanist fee 50€ (if applicable) to:
Bank: Banco Bilbao Vizcaya
Bank address: Avda. Bruselas sn, 38670, Adeje, Tenerife
IBAN: ES93 0182 5624 2202 0853 1332
BIC: BBVA ESMMXXX
Account Name: Asociación Amigos de la Música
Address: Ctra General No.22, Urbanización Garañaña, Las Galletas, 38630 Tenerife
2. Fill out and submit the competition application form on this website.
3. Send by email a receipt of the bank transfer with your name and profile photo to:
Once the full application is received, the administration will be in contact after the deadline with further details.
Aguamarina Golf Hotel, San Miguel, Tenerife
Both the Festival and Competition take place at the Aguamarina Hotel in San Miguel. Please note you must make the reservation of the accommodation via this website using the application form. For the competition, the accommodation is already included in the fee, unless staying extra nights.
If you are applying for either the competition or the Festival, you must include details of the check in date and check out date, and names of the guests coming with you (if applicable) in the application form.
Family members or friends accompanying the participants who wish to stay at the hotel have the following discount prices, these prices also apply for those wishing to stay extra nights in the competition.
Double room all inclusive (Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks and snacks at the bar): 55€ per person per night. This price also includes the use of practice rooms with pianos. Instrumental practice in the rooms is also possible between 10am-8pm.
Any further questions, please use the contact form on this website.
There is a small number of triple and single rooms. Please use the contact form for information about these.
The four star Aguamarina Hotel is set in San Miguel, South of Tenerife, 8km from the Tenerife South airport and less than 15 minutes drive.
The hotel is walking distance to the beach, also offers swimming pool, gym, sauna, tennis, restaurant buffet and more.