The International Piano Competition “Spanish Composers” is taking place at the Auditorio Joaquín Rodrigo de Las Rozas in Madrid (Spain).
As is well known, each year we dedicate the Competition to a Spanish Composer, bearing his name in the different editions. 2023 edition is dedicated to Manuel de Falla.
Pianists of any nationality who have not reached the age of 36 on the day the competition begins or during the course of the competition are eligible to participate.
Deadline for registration: 1th October 2023.
1st Round (online – pre-selection), 2nd Round, Semi-final and Final Round.
The CIPCE Management will select a maximum of 46 pianists who will enter the Second Round of the Competition, based on the requested registration material and the online video submitted. 10 contestants will advance to the Semi-Final Round and 3 participants will be the finalists.
We will establish a waiting list of unsuccessful contestants who may be invited to participate in the event that selected contestants drop out of the competition.
Registration must be done through the registration form on our website, or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching the following documentation:
1. Name and Surnames
2. ID, Family Book or Passport
3. Photo of suitable quality to publish
5. Date and Place of Birth and Nationality
6. Full POstal Address
7. Telephone and email of contact
8. CV (maximum one page)
9. Link (Youtube, Vimeo, or others…), including an audiovisual recording of the participant including one or several works of free choice, with a duration between 15 and 20 minutes, made in the last 2 years.
10. Programme that the contestant performs in the different rounds, indicating the composer, the full name of the work (including key, opus and number if known) and the duration of the works that he/she performs.
11. Request for Piano and Hall auditions.
12. Would you like the organisation to reserve your accommodation?
13. Proof of payment must be included with this registration. No registration will be considered valid until the registration fee has been received. The registration fee is 120€.
Postal address: AV. Real, s/n 28230 Las Rozas de Madrid
MARLE 96 S.L. (Organizing Company).
IBAN: ES97 0075 0837 6106 0056 3571
SWIFT or BIC code: BSCH ES MM XXX
The registration fee is non-refundable except in case of cancellation of the competition.
It is very important to confirm 10 days before the start of the competition, time and day of arrival.
Application form: https://www.cipce.org/en/applications/.
First prize: 12.000 €
LAS ROZAS TOWN HALL: Diploma and 8.000 €
CONCERT TOUR ORGANIZED BY CONCERTS & MANAGER MH: 4.000 €
The winner of the concert tour will have the obligation to perform the work of the honored composer that he has played during his participation in the competition.
If any of the concerts on the scheduled dates cannot be performed by the First Prize, the Second Prize will perform them.
– Auditorium of Zaragoza (Spain)
– Philharmonic of Segovia, Theater Juan Bravo (Spain)
– Touching the Stars Festival in Granada (Spain)
– Hotchkiss Piano Festival in Connecticut (USA)
Second prize: 4.000 €
Third prize: 2.000 €
First Round Online Programme of free choice. Duration between 15-20 minutes.
– The video must be sent through a link (Youtube, Vimeo or others), attached to the registration form.
– The recording must be made with a single fixed camera, in which the pianist is visible in every moment.
– All works must be recorded in a single take, however it is possible to stop between works or movements.
– Videos from several days or live concerts may be included, however, they must be united in the same file and link.
– Only piano solo pieces will be accepted.
Maximum duration of 30 minutes. Free choice repertoire that includes at least 5 minutes of music by our honored composer (Manuel de Falla).
Maximum duration of 40 minutes. free choice repertoire
The Jury will value when awarding the Spanish Music Prize the contestant who includes in this Semi-Final Recital a Spanish Work of free choice, to choose between the 19th, 20th or 21st centuries. Another work by Manuel de Falla or a work by the composers honoured in previous editions may be performed again: Antón García Abril, Xavier Montsalvatge, Tomás Marco, Carlos Cruz de Castro, Joaquín Rodrigo, Zulema de la Cruz, Gabriel Fernández Álvez, Claudio Prieto, Cristobal Halffter, Joaquín Turina, José Zárate, Salvador Brotons, Isaac Albéniz, Miguel Ángel Gómez Martínez, Juan Medina, Alejandro Román, Juan Manuel Ruiz and José Luis Turina, Juan Duran, Pascual Gimeno and Enrique Granados.
The Spanish Music Prize may be awarded to any of the semi-finalists who do not reach the final round.
Virtuosos de Madrid International Orchestra.
A Concerto for Piano and Orchestra will be performed, to be chosen from among the following:
Chopin: No. 1 and No. 2
Schumann: Concerto in A minor
Liszt: No. 1 and No. 2
Grieg: Concerto in A minor
Tchaikovsky: No. 1
Rachmaninoff: No. 2, 3 and Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini
Prokofiev No. 1 and No. 3
More information: https://www.cipce.org/en/home/.